Sunday, September 21, 2014

THE ENT ~ MCVICKER ~ 2007





For the words of an oak, the woman sent me.
I started at once to find the tree.
Around the bend not so far away.
I can go there often or spend the day..

I stood beside, with my back against
the massive being, and I sensed,
the wondering of where I have been,
that I hadn’t come by to see this old friend.

I let the ants, that travel it’s expanse
run over me and by chance,
hear their conversation of what they know,
for generations of their lore of growth.

I tried to imagine the system within.
To connect with the surge that I might begin
the steady pulse of being
strong, bold, and seeing.

Letting go, I immersed my mind.
Assimilated within one so old and kind.
Wisdom of years of times and weather,
that it should have survived and lived together.

Remaining vigilant, tried, and true,
and was left alone by those of a few,
that would by careless actions, dismiss the potential
and consider it’s being inconsequential.

Now as I wake, my spirit restored in me,
these beings created, a miracle be.
Uncomplicated, strong, steadfast, and free
I turned and meandered back home;
foolish was I, to feel so alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment