Saturday, September 20, 2014

PASSING IN THE NIGHT ~ MCVICKER ! 2007





In the past few days, as I head to sea,
I’ve noticed this reoccurring event.

My hands on the keel, keeping mind of what’s real,
how the sea moves without relent.

These early morning hours.
fog and light showers, my eyes, not as young as they were.
I took up my glass, leeward of the mast;
to glimpse a fine clipper.

I turned to look again,
I felt my head spin,
cleared my eyes,to see her grace upon the sea.
What I saw was a vision,
beyond my imagination, only to disappear.
Far beyond the sighting of me.

Over and over. I must be mad.
These illusions I’ve had
to seek the visions and chase the unknown.

I’ll hail her next morn
when the crew is well worn.
To find out who is onboard.
Who lies within?
Who lies within
If, I find her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment