Saturday, September 13, 2014

TENNESSEE DARLING ~ MCVICKER ~ 2008










I met the man
some many years ago,
in a New York bus station terminal.
He said to me,” I need some change;
can you help me out my bro?”
“Well stranger, I’m a bit strapped myself it seems,
but, I can do this for you.”
And as he turned, over his shoulder “I’ll be right back.” he said.
“Sure; I’ll be seein’ ya soon..”
I watched as I waited, the comings and goings,
well, at least to entertain an angel unknown.

I was surprised when he showed up,
with a bottle and two styrofoam cups.
We sat in the hallway and drank that cheap rosy wine.
It wasn’t long till it kicked in and
his foot got tapping to time.
"Remember that song of old Tennessee?
I wrote that old tune, yup, it was me."
“There’s no way, I said, it was you.”
He just laughed, “You just watch and see.”

When the bottle was finished…...he poked me in the ribs,
and glided up to two lovely women walking by.
He started the tune;
walked beside them and crooned.
We believed every word that he sighed.
By the time he was through, they were walking the moon
and his song carried them all along their way.

The story is true
but believers are few. 
Angels and the things that we’re shown,
if we just take time to see.
But I want you to know
the worries that you show,
and when life makes you feel so all alone.
Stand and breathe, for it is then, 
you will waltz, The Tennessee.

I was dancing , with my Lady.
to the Tennessee waltz.
When a stranger she happened to see………..

No comments:

Post a Comment