Wednesday, September 3, 2014

MISSOURI BREAKS ~ MCVICKER ~ 2002










The wind blew hard against my face.
Your love lifted without a trace.
I stood there long upon that hill.
Praying I could find the will.
I never thought, I'd be left out here alone.
Wandering so far, to find someone to call my own.

When the Missouri Breaks, it’s all you can do
to hold her hand and ride it through.
She’ll kick and thrash,
she’ll bite and chew.
Just hold her hand and ride it through.

Missouri doesn’t like it
when the sun shines through.
You can’t make her happy
or pleased with you.

You can hold her, and bless her;
calm her if you can.
But when it’s all over,
She’ll drop you where you stand.

Be warned my friend,
when you find her out there,
it’s best to have a plan.
When Missouri breaks down on the love you bare,
Keep your wits about you;
she’ll drop you where you stand














No comments:

Post a Comment