Saturday, September 13, 2014

HEARTS DESIRES ~ MCVICKER ~ 2004








Contemplate your hearts desires.
Would you even understand what they are?
Would they instead be kept far from your mind?
To keep them safe from that which conspires?

Is it only the heart and Spirit that know their nature?
Telling them to the Father in groans not reconciled by words.
Through the Spirit who intercedes for us,
on our behalf, uncontaminated, by sin we cannot resist.

Could I guess and say I long to see my children?
I miss my parents and their love.
Will I paint the ultimate portrait or sing my song for you?
Wil I ever understand my meaning in existence?

Would I be right in longing for freedom,
away from persecution?
Would it be deliverance from fear of death and terror?
Or simply that I could feed my family and myself,
out of the rain and weather, in warm shelter?

Contemplate your hearts desires.
What would they be if you could know.
Would your heart let you see them, if only for an instant.
To set your mind to rest or give the will to strive to find them,
unattended, for a moment, and claim them as precious your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment